My term as Oregon Women for Agriculture president ended Saturday afternoon after two quick years. It made me reflect on how fast and how much has changed in the last few years.
Three years ago I wrote my first blog post and since then I have:
- Transitioned from a banker to a farmer
- Sold my first house
- Lived in a 5th wheel trailer for two years
- Became part of the AgChat Foundation
- Traveled all around the country talking about agriculture
- My sister got married
- I got married
- Bought my 2nd house
- Two years ago my great grandmother was there to see me become president of OWA. She was a founding member and first chapter president. One year ago she passed away after nearly 97 years of living life to the fullest.
Because of this blog I have:
- Gained broader perspective on agriculture as a whole
- Become a better writer
- Made new friends, farmers and non farmers.
- Recognized on different levels for doing what I love, talking about agriculture!
Thank you for reading the last three years! It’s been a whirlwind but I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. Looking forward to the years of head and sharing it with all of you! Also stay tuned for a BIG blog update!
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Do you have a favorite post of mine?? Please share in the comments!