Oregon is under attack by the arrogance of an out of control government, federally and statewide.
How Did #OregonUnderAttack get here?
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) decided to make examples out of a ranching family, The Hammonds, from Diamond, Oregon in the Southeast corner of the state. The BLM tried to get them on all kinds of trumped-up charges and in the end they were found guilty to burning 140 acres of federal land.
Of course this “illegal” fire was lit in order to save their cattle’s winter feed. However a farmer and ranchers means of livelihood means very little to the federal agency with a political agenda. These 140 acres made them “Domestic Terrorists” in the eyes of US Government. This article gives a great background: “Where’s there Smoke”
Funny how our government can easily label ranchers as terrorists for trying to save cattle that feed people but yet are reluctant call to actual terrorists, “terrorists”.
The federal government “owns” 53% of Oregon’s land. The Hammond’s case highlights the decades of government arrogance Oregon ranchers face when trying to responsibly manage the land. The land is a rancher’s livelihood, their number one priority is to take care of it.
The government likes step in, push ranchers aside so they can manage a situation “better.” However, the 2015 fire season has multiple examples of government arrogance making a bad situation worse. Each time the government steps in, it costs the taxpayers millions of dollars and more is lost than saved. Pure Arrogance.
Oregon Under Attack
- Oregon is under attack from those who wish to take our ranching, farming, logging and mining rights away.
- Oregon is under attack from those who wish to see every bit of Rural Oregon turned into a park.
- Oregon is under attack from those who wish to see a fish or a bird saved before a human.
- Oregon is under attack by incompetent politicians and bloated bureaucracies who have no understanding rural Oregon’s way of life.
The militia group who has taken over the Malheur Wildlife Refuge Headquarters are not attacking Oregon. They are sending a very loud message that people in the Western United States are fed up with US Government’s mismanagement of the people’s land. All they really want is the federal land to be turned back over to the ranchers, farmers, loggers and miners. Seems like a good idea to me.
Learn More About the Hammond’s:
- Enemies of the State (Complete History)
- Justice Not Served in Hammond Case
- Trent Loos & Hank Vogler Discuss the Hammond Case
- Hammonds, local supporters distance themselves from militia groups
- Judge sends Oregon ranchers back to prison
- Save the Hammonds (petition)